Citrix XenApp 6.0/6.5 and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
I highly recommend to install service pack 1 for Server 2008 R2 because it fixes several Remote Desktop Service (Terminal Service) issues that are also affecting XenApp. Read the following KB for Known Issues CTX126711 with SP1 and CTX129241.
I also highly recommend installing the Rollup Pack 1 for XenApp 6.0 and XenApp 6.5. See also Citrix recommended Microsoft and Citrix Hotfixes for XenApp 6 and Windows Server 2008 R2 at CTX129229
Citrix XenApp 6.0/6.5 update script
I modified my existing update script just for XenApp 6.0 on Server 2008 R2. The script will not work with older versions of XenApp. Also the script is not downloading or applying components like the role manager etc.
Download the script here: XA6xUpdate_v1.6.zip
Citrix XenApp 6.0/6.5 things to know:
- When enabling Citrix CPU management you must disable Microsoft fair CPU share in the registry!
The CPU Resource Consumed by a Session on a XenApp Server Does Not Match the Associated Session or Published Application Importance Levels.
- How to Configure Idle and Disconnect Timeout Settings in XenApp 6
- XenApp 6 Hotfix Support for Languages
- The Feature Pack 1 for XenApp 6.5 is just an update or additional components. It’s not a new full release for XenApp 6.5 only a Hotfix Rollup Pack.
Citrix XenApp 6.0/6.5 and Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Windows 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 with XenApp 6 Known Issue with CtxAltStr Filter Driver
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 – Known Issues
- Recommended Citrix and Microsoft Hotfixes for XenApp 6 and Windows Server 2008 R2
Citrix XenApp 6.0 / 6.5 bug list:
- When rebooting you get a BSOD (blue screen) or looks like a HANG, make sure you install:
Hotfix XA600W2K8R2X64018 – For Citrix XenApp 6.0 for Windows Server 2008 R2 – English
Hotfix XA600W2K8R2X64001 – For Citrix XenApp 6.0 for Windows Server 2008 R2 – English
- Installing hotfixes, make sure to do it on the console and with the local administrator or see the following on how to do it the right way:
Internal Error 2869 when Installing Hotfixes on XenApp 6.0
- Hotfix Installation Fails on an Un-Configured Citrix XenApp 6 Server
- After shadowing within an ICA session you get a STOP 0x00000035 NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS error:
Hotfix XA600W2K8R2X64062 – For Citrix XenApp 6.0 for Windows Server 2008 R2 – English
- Shadow with Custom Citrix Administrators needs manual fix with DCOMCNFG!
How to Configure MFCOM Launch Permissions (look for MFcom)
Windows Server 2008 R2 bug list:
- Shadowing users with multi monitor is not possible right now and therefore also NOT for XenApp 6.0, this is really a pain for support personal
Error: Shadow failed. Error code 7044
- Annoying “Single-click” folder option for users on Server 2008 R2
The group policy “Classic Shell activate” (Windows-Explorer) should fix that by enabling it but actually you should disable it! Then users have to set the folder option back and forth or you can set a registry value to do it for the users.