Source: Fling Labs
vCenter Cluster Performance Tool is a Powershell script that uses vSphere PowerCLI to obtain performance data for a cluster by aggregating information from individual hosts.
You have the following options to specify in the script.
- An “interval” of 20s or 300s. The default is 20s, and corresponds to real time statistics. 300s corresponds to the 5 min interval statistics.
- A stats query flag to obtain the list of counter IDs available on the vCenter Server. You can then pass the desired counter ID from that list to obtain Performance metrics for the cluster.
- Gathers all data of the specified interval type that is available on each host in the specified cluster
- Easy and a quick way of obtaining performance data for a vCenter cluster
- Data is saved in a CSV file, which can then easily be fed into any charting software
- A chart, in PNG format, is also generated for visualization